I picked a bin bag full today from the tree out the back of our house. I will pick more in around two weeks, leaving some to turn into green berries (for capers) and some to ripen further into black elderberries. Today I started work on four preparations with the flowers. I infused 5L water with a third of my forage, which I will use in two ways. The first will be a carbonated tonic with sour yoghurt whey as a starter. Next, another tonic with my two week old ginger/turmeric bug. I stuffed a load of flowers into a bottle of Polish spirit vinegar (at a hefty 10% acidity) which I will leave for a few months. Finally, I added a layer of my birch sap SCOBY to a mixture of Pu’er tea, sweetened with honey and sucrose and the final load of flowers.